Friday, March 8, 2013

Sushi With My Girls

Last night a friend and I went for sushi at Momoya in Chelsea.  I've known this girl since our days at boarding school in New England.  She recently moved to a new apartment, and we were due for a catch-up sesh.  Duh, sushi with my girls, obvz!! Just kidding. Kind of.  Or at least as much as I can kid when I went to sushi with one of my girlfriends. 

Anyway, I'm not a green tea fan, but this restaurant makes (brews) the best (!!) green tea I've ever had.  A must try, even for tea-adverse folks like myself.  



It's also appropriately named -- look at the color:


I had a seaweed salad with plump pieces of salmon and yellowtail sashimi. Oh, and a side of ginger. My consumption of ginger should really be its own macronutrient group. I like it that much. Protein, fat, carbohydrate, ginger. Balanced and perfect..thank you, sir!

Seaweed salad with sesame seeds:


Salmon (served with lemon -- a refreshing, and uncommon in my experience, -- addition!) and yellowtail sashimi:

My friend ordered a few small dishes:

Lobster roll (which for the record is bomb.com):


Ricotta and edamame steamed dumplings:


And bay scallops with cauliflower purée (this might need to be the next restaurant re-dux!):


Are you a tea lover?  What's your favorite dish to order at a sushi restaurant?

xx,
The Future Mrs. Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment