Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chobani Yogurt

I've been loving Greek yogurt for a long time.  But when I was introduced to Chobani, there was no turning back.  



First of all, not all yogurt is created equal.  Let's start with protein: if you look at the nutrition label on a yogurt container, some brands have 5g of protein per serving.  But Chobani  -- oh no...they really pack it in there: 13-18g in a 6oz serving to be exact.  Protein is critical to our bodies, but also helps us to feel satiated.  Then there's calcium and probiotics.  Again, all good things. 

One of my favorite things about this yogurt is its versatility: it can be sweet or savory - skinny egg salad,  tuna with pita chips or blue cheese dressing all include this gem.  I don't eat chicken, but I used to...and when I did, I marinated chicken overnight in plain Chobani with garlic and then cooked it.  It was so good.  Tender and juicy!  And don't even get me started on how I can use plain, 0% Chobani as a fat-free-low-calorie-but-just-as-delicious substitute for sour cream or creme fraiche...


So when Chobani sent me a 12-pack (!!) sample of their 6oz cups of yogurt, there was serious excitement.  Thank you, Chobani!  The company offers different size tubs of yogurt: 6oz, 16oz and 32oz.  





Here are our favorite flavors --

This apple cinnamon yogurt literally tastes like you're eating apple pie.  With ice cream.  (A la mode anything is my boo.)  I'm literally obsessed with this flavor.  Boo is big on this flavor, too.  The combination of smooth, tart creamy yogurt with sweet crunchy bits of apples is delicious.  As evidenced by my instagram feed, I have a problem...like I want to eat them all day.  And nothing else. Ever.






The pomegranate flavor is slightly, sweet but still has the characteristic Greek yogurt tart taste I am obsessed with.  Also there are pomegranate seeds at the bottom...texture!  I love pom seeds.  Do you? 


The raspberry yogurt feels like you're eating yogurt with raspberries in it...not typical for raspberry yogurt.  This is a very good thing.  And the seeds!  Thank you! Love seeds.




The blood orange flavor is really good and very different from most yogurt flavors.  Also, there's a little pulp.  I love pulp.  It just gets better and better.  I have to be honest, I didn't think I would like this flavor, but it was really good.  You might think citrus and yogurt don't go well together.  But here they do.  Chobani is no joke.  They know what's up.  



The black cherry 0% is bomb.com, if you like cherry (and even if you don't!!) this is a must-try:





Blueberry is one of my favorite fruits.  All time favorite fruits.  And Chobani blueberry tastes like little bursts of blueberries in every bite.  I ate mine like this, piled high with these jewels:


Chobani recently came out with some new products - flip and bite.  OMG.  Like. O.M.G.  I haven't tried these yet, but promise to report back as soon as I do.  Until then...I'm off to have another apple cinnamon.  I'm shameless like that.

Have you tried Greek yogurt?  What's your favorite yogurt flavor?

xx,
The Future Mrs. Wolf

Disclaimer: Chobani graciously sent me a complimentary boxes of yogurt, but I was not compensated for my time or for this blog post.  All opinions are my own. 

5 comments:

  1. The flip and the bites are amazing. They sent some to the office a few weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan! I love the vanilla... I know, I'm a plain Jane. Do you get concerned at all about the high sugar counts on all of the flavored ones though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the question! I like the vanilla, too. I think the sugar contents are OK because I usually only have one per day and it's the only thing I eat with added sugar. Also, I like to mix half plain with half flavored...this cuts down the sugar and bulks up the protein. Sometimes I put fresh fruit to the plain and that works just perfectly! Hope this helps...xx.

      Delete
  3. never tried the apple cinnamon until you suggested. omg, you're so right, AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete