Saturday, February 16, 2013

Vitalicious Pizza

OK, I'm going to be totally honest here.  I haven't been eating too much pizza recently.  You know, that whole wedding thing coming up...


But, when Vitalicious (the company behind Vitatops) contacted me about their VitaPizzas, I was curious.  Who doesn't love pizza?  And who doesn't really love pizza for 190 calories (and 19g of fiber per serving!)?  I'm not talking about sharing half a slice of pizza with your boo.  I'm talking about a whole pizza.  To yourself.  Oh yes.  Come to Mama.



These pizzas are frozen and come in two flavors: cheese + tomato and meatless pepperoni supreme, and can be prepared in the microwave or the toaster oven.  Talk about convenience!  And you know my love for the freezer...




Show me someone who would not be excited by this bounty in her freezer:

  

Raw cheese pizza coming out of the freezer (my favorite place!):



The directions say to cook for 3-4.5 minutes, and  I used the microwave to cook the pizza for 3.5 minutes.  I couldn't believe how crispy it was!  Sometimes microwaved pizza is soggy.  There's no bite, no crispy crust, no pizza happiness!  But these are a totally different story.  The pizza was so good!  

After 3 and 1/2 minutes in the microwave:



I really shouldn't admit this on the interwebs, but I was barbaric and took a bite before cutting it:


I tried also tried the meatless pepperoni supreme:


In the category of "odd things I that make sense only in my mind": I really don't like raw green peppers; but I love them cooked on pizza.  I know, it's weird.  What can I say?  Even though these peppers were frozen, they added a fresh, tasty textural element to the pizza. And the meatless pepperoni (while it doesn't have the same taste or texture as real meat) offered a tasty, umami element.  

I think my favorite VitaPizza is the cheese + tomato flavor.  Next time I think I'll doctor it up with something along the lines of sauteed garlic spinach and caramelized onions.

What's your go-to frozen pizza?  What's your favorite pizza topping?

xx,
The Future Mrs. Wolf

Disclaimer: Vitalicious graciously sent me complimentary boxes of pizza, but I was not compensated for my time or for this blog post.  All opinions are my own. 

2 comments:

  1. more than happy to come over and help you eat those pizzas! look so yum!

    ReplyDelete