Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Meet The Wedding Club

Tonight commenced the second installment of Wedding Club, where a few gal pals (brides-to-be getting married in 2013) and I get together and gab all things wedding.  It is so fun.

We went to The Smith.  For all of the NYC readers, have you been?  It's tasty! 

The restaurant serves homemade seltzer water which seems to be an emerging trend in NYC.  I'm pretty sure we drank 5 liters tonight, but our waiter constantly refreshed our bottles.  These restaurants must have 45 soda stream machines  in the back.  I should move into their kitchen...I like seltzer a lot.  


We do normal bride-to-be things like talk about venues, wedding colors and wedding dresses, photographers (I'm using Carly Michelle Photography, if you're curious) and of course the age-old band vs DJ question.  Then, we try on each others' rings.  Again.  For the millionth time.  Old habits die hard...We call it grandma hand.  You know the type: older ladies who wear far too many rings on the same hand (or finger!)  We recreated it tonight.  In a big way.  Here's Eliza as our hand model:



On to the food...

I had grilled shrimp with roasted brussels sprouts.  Normally, this dish comes with jalapeño grits and pilsner butter.  But, I wasn't sure if these grits would be as wedding friendly as my version.  So, I ordered mine with a side of brussels.  After all, who can argue with charred green goodness?


The girls both ordered the same thing: steak salad with arugula and goat cheese.  I didn't try, but they loved!  


One of my fellow Club members, Eliza has a sweet blog over at http://elizaferris.tumblr.com/  -- check her out! 

Are you a 2013 bride?  I'd love to hear your plans: where and when you're getting married and all the details in between! 

xx,
The Future Mrs. Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment