Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Shrimp For One


I love shrimp.  And lime.  And cilantro.  So, really what else makes sense than Cilantro Lime Shrimp for dinner?  This was dinner for one, because my fiancé had a business dinner.  

I saw a similar recipe here on skinny taste, but decided to update it a bit to my liking.

Ingredients for 1 serving:

5 oz raw peeled and deveined shrimp
juice of 1 lime*
1/3 cup sliced red onion
2 tsp olive oil (separated into 1 tsp portions)
cilantro (I used ~2tablespoons but use to your taste) 
1/4c avocado
salt and pepper to taste

*Because I like things very tart - I used 1 whole lime, but you could try it with just 1/2 lime and see if that's enough tart for you.

As the shrimp is cooking (I tented mine in tin foil with 1 tsp olive oil for 18mins on 350 and it was perfectly cooked), mix the marinate and let is stand while the shrimp cooks and then cools.

Marinade:
1 tsp olive oil
red onion
juice of 1 lime
cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

Once the shrimp cools, add it to the marinade and let it sit covered in the fridge.  When you want to serve, add the avocado and toss to coat.  You could also just serve it right after you mix everything together if you don;t want to wait (I understand...hello, it's cilantro lime shrimp!) or if you don't have the time.  Also, marinating the red onion will take out some of the "bite."

Here is the finished product with a massaged kale side salad:


This kale salad really deserves her own post...check back for that!

Nutrition information per serving:
294 calories, 12 g carbohydrates, 15 g fat, 31 g protein, 5 g fiber

Do you cook for one?  What's your favorite thing to make?

xx,
The Future Mrs. Wolf

1 comment: