Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Garbage Bowls

Garbage bowls are anything but garbage...in fact, they can be quite healthy if done correctly.  And, they're a great use of food in need of use!  After doing a big grocery shop this weekend, coupled with an already well stocked fridge, I had a lot of produce to eat.  The first thing that came to mind - a garbage bowl!  


Today for lunch I sauteed frozen edamame (I have an obsession with frozen goods - more on that later...) and crushed garlic in a bit of olive oil, and added fresh corn and canned (drained and rinsed) chickpeas to the skillet.  Although my nutrition studies have taught me otherwise (as in run in the other direction), I love a good char on most foods - so I let the vegetables crisp up a bit. Finally, I added diced tofu, curry, cumin and a little bit of salt.  I gently tossed the mixture together so that the tofu would remain whole - wasn't in the mood for at tofu scramble today.  I topped the garbage bowl with roasted unsalted pumpkin seeds.  Quick and easy lunch - and using up excess produce! 

I'm on a big curry kick...like really (really!) love curry.  Are you a curry fan?  My fiancé is not...which makes it a perfect addition to a lunch meal (read: he's not home to eat it).  

Here's the final product - I promise I will give more detailed step by step directions as the blog progresses...new to this!



By the way - if you'd like to see more food and DIY pictures (and a shameful amount of photos of my soon-to-be-hubby...though I have reined those in a lot!) you can follow me on here: twitter and instagram

xx,
The Future Mrs. Wolf



No comments:

Post a Comment