Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Wedding Food Tasting

We had our food tasting scheduled as soon as we booked our caterer. Priorities, right?  It just so happened, we had our tasting on the day I bought my wedding dress. It was a wedding-planning-filled-weekend!  We invited our mothers to join us - the more the merrier!

Our caterer, Yen at Real Food Catering, is like a little magical genius. She hosted our tasting three hours before another wedding was set to begin. And things went off without a hitch - no pun intended.  Our table was set beautifully in an out-of-the-way corner of Studio450, so we could be there without interfering with the reception set up.  The bride and groom had gotten married off-site so there wasn't post ceremony breakdown like there will be at our wedding.  And we were able to see the space set up in a different way than we had imagined it, thanks to a bride and groom with lovely taste. My mum and I took notes of little things we liked (spoiler alert: candles!)

In terms of the tasting, I really didn't know what to expect - half portions? One bite tastes? One plate to share amongst the four of us? Oh how wrong I was...

Yen served us 9 appetizers, 3 salads, and 6 entrees, countless glasses of wine, champagne and water. No one would leave hungry that day!  I realize it sounds like we attended a rager (with our mums!) but it was tame. More food coma than alcohol induced coma...

I won't share our exact menu, but I can tell you it will be tasty and bountiful. ..

Here are a few shots from that afternoon:

A lovely light fixture at Studio450:


Bacon wrapped date with an almond and grilled garlic shrimp:



Bubbles!


Our table setting:


Floral centerpieces: 



A set table:



Have you been to a food tasting before? If you come to our wedding, we hope you like what we picked!

xx,
The Future Mrs. Wolf

2 comments:

  1. Did bacon wrapped dates and shrimp make the final menu?? If they didn't I may reconsider my RSVP. Kidding..okay maybe half kidding ;)

    ReplyDelete