Saturday, April 20, 2013

Spinach and Feta Wrap

This morning for breakfast I searched our refrigerator for items to make a tasty breakfast.     I think I have to stop telling you all about how much I hate to throw away food...am I starting to sound like a crazy hoarder?  I hope not.  But, this dish came to fruition because of food in need of eating, so, I guess I actually can't stop talking about it.   YES!! The love affair continues...

Ingredients for two servings:
2 eggs
2C spinach
1/2 an avocado
1 oz feta cheese
truffle salt

Directions:
1. Sautee spinach in a bit of olive oil (I used our Misto)
2. While spinach is cooking, spread avocado on tortillas
3. When spinach is finished cooking, set aside 
4. Using the same skillet as the spinach, cook eggs until whites are cooked but yolk is still runny (about 3 minutes)
5. While the eggs are cooking, layer spinach and feta on the tortilla
6. When eggs are finish cooking, place the egg on top of avocado, spinach and feta, season with truffle salt
7. Fold up the tortilla, cut in half and serve 








Is there anything better than a runny yolk?  With avocado? And feta? And truffle salt.   Unlikely...

Nutrition information per serving:
214 calories, 15g carbohydrates, 14g fat, 16g protein, 10g fiber

What did you have for breakfast?

xx,
The Future Mrs. Wolf 

No comments:

Post a Comment