Monday, January 13, 2014

The Best Miso Glaze, Ever

This is not hyperbole.  Honestly, this miso recipe is the best I've ever made.  It's perfect on steamed or roasted vegetables, tossed with rice and tofu or served as a dip for summer rolls.  Don't even get me started on that.  I'm dreaming of those crispy and crunchy summer rolls as we speak (well...as I type).  

Ingredients for 2 servings:
2 tsp red or white miso paste*
1 tsp tahini
2 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil 
1-2 tsp soy sauce (for those salt sensitive folks, you may prefer 1 tsp) 
1 tsp ponzu 
1 tsp garlic, minced through a garlic press (if you don't have one, just mince it as finely as you can)
1 tsp ginger, minced through a garlic press (if you don't have one, just mince it as finely as you can)

*white miso is milder than red, and I much prefer its sweet, mellow flavor. 

Directions:
1. Combine first two ingredients 
2. Mix in the rest of the ingredients
3. Refrigerate or serve immediately 


what you'll need

mixed and ready

with summer rolls

served with a rice bowl

drizzled over a vegetable and herb bowl

mixed into a shaved vegetable bowl 

Have you ever cooked with miso? It's great with eggplant and fish, too!  I'd love to hear how you like this recipe if you try it.  Hope you enjoy...

xx,
Mrs. Wolf

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and loooove it! I'm always looking for new recipes...esp ones that have already been tested out for me:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for reading. hope you enjoy all the recipes! xx.

      Delete