Friday, January 31, 2014

Style Your Space

Yesterday I was invited to a fabulous collaborative event between Real Simple Magazine and Staples to launch a great new product: The Staples Space-Saver Shredder. It comes in great colors and is perfectly compact. Bet you can't say that about a lot of things in your home! 



This little lady was the star of the show:




We were able to make DIY monogrammed paperweights.  And you know how I feel about monograms and DIY.  Well, if you don't...love them.  

The event space (which was white and shabby chic; right up my alley and highly reminiscent of my wedding venue) was set up with three vignettes -- one urban, one a suburban in-home office space, then another kitchen nook/home office with organization products and lots of baking tools!  Plus a few couches and chairs set up in sweet sitting areas. 






Did you know that Staples now offers cooking and baking supplies?  From marble rolling pins (!!!!!!!!!!!), to nicely sized stainless steel bowls and paper packaging for baked goods, there are so many great new and innovative options available at Staples.

Back to the decor: I'm a huge fan of white furniture -- and ghost chairs.  Lucite chairs. Acrylic chairs. Call them what you want...they are fab. And I need about a million. Right now!  This was a beautiful vignette for urban offices spaces. I can totally picture this space in the corner of a spare bedroom in our apartment. Using a corner space not only allows amazing light on both sides of the desk, but also it's the best utilization of space. And in NYC-sized apartments where space is always at a premium, the better we use our space the more efficient we will be!  And the nicer our homes' offices will look. No one can argue with beauty and efficiency.



Real Simple is the queen of organization! So this collaboration makes perfect sense. And, who doesn't need a little help organizing life?!  This desk option offers his and her (black on the left, white on the right) for an easily shared space.





And the kitchen nook -- in my next home, I would love to have a kitchen office. After all the time I spend in the kitchen, it would easily contain so many of my important papers. Including all the Real Simple Magazines I currently have stored elsewhere in my apartment. Why do I have so many? I love going back through old issues and re-reading recipes or articles. Of course I do realize that there is something called the internet. However, there is just something nice about thumbing through a hard copy book or magazine. Anyway back to this nook. A handsome, neutral tone desk compliments perfectly-organized wall units for added storage space. No one ever seems to have enough!  And the to-go style baked goods boxes are perfect for amateur or professional bakers. In my case, an easy way to gift candied nutsbrown butter banana breadoatmeal cookies or a strawberry tart.




My list of absolute must haves from the event include a few goodies:

This ghost chair -- under $100?! Stop. The. Bus. No really, stop it. I need to get on this.  






Thank you so much to Real Simple and Staples for having me!  It was a great event.  What are your favorite products from the pictures I've shared? 

xx,
Mrs. Wolf 

4 comments:

  1. Hey~ Megan. love your blog so much!! Very pretty, informitive, and pinky! In my next home, I wanna have a home office of my own as well. Lov a ghost chair, too. I'll stop by often! xx~
    -Sophia aka Mrs. Lee:)-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading, Sophia! Aren't those ghost chairs amazing?! xx.

      Delete
  2. I love reading this blog. I get so many ideas from #thedomesticatedwolf! I can't wait to get my new blue space saver shredder from #staples. NMB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hope you love the shredder as much as I do! xx.

      Delete