Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pink Sugar

To call this a recipe would be hyperbole.  But if you're anything like me, you'd rather make something yourself than buy it at a store.  I was in need of pink sugar for a recipe I'm making for a certain someone for Valentine's Day.

Remember these red velvet cupcakes from The Domesticated Wolf's first birthday


Well...we have lots of red food coloring on hand.  So, I put my thinking cap on and made pink sugar.  Easy as that.  Honestly. 

Ingredients for bright pink sugar:
2 tbsp granulated sugar (or more if you are baking in bulk...you lucky devil!)
1 drop red food coloring



Obviously the more food coloring you add, the brighter and darker your sugar will become.  I opted for a rich magenta, so I doubled the recipe and used a few hefty drops -- probably closer to two.  And I was off! I used this sugar for another recipe I made the same day.  But it will stay fresh if you need to make it ahead of time. 


That, my people, is how to make pink sugar.  This technique will work for any color, which makes this "recipe" completely amazing. Blue sugar! Purple sugar! Green sugar! Which you will obviously need with St. Patrick's Day is coming up...

xx,
Mrs. Wolf

2 comments:

  1. A NEW FAVORITE WAY 2 DECORATE SWEETS & TREATS.

    EASY TO RECREATE THS RECIPE. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete