Thursday, February 20, 2014

How To Make Soft Scrambled Eggs

A nutrition counseling client once confided in me: "I am terrified to make eggs at home."  Then my heart broke for her.  Because she loves to eat this wildly nutritious food.  And it's so easy.  And fast.  And delicious. 

We quickly remedied this fear with a cooking class! My client hosted a lovely Sunday brunch for 3 of her friends.  We set a beautiful table and when the guests were ready to eat, I demonstrated the cooking technique and each guest took a turn .  It was interactive and fun...and 1-2-3 brunch was served. 

Soft scrambled eggs might be my most favorite brunch egg.  Here's how you can make them at home.

Ingredients for 4 servings:
8 eggs
1/4C ricotta cheese
1/2C low fat milk 
2 tbsp butter
Sea salt + freshly cracked black pepper
Chives (optional garnish)

Directions:
1. In a large bowl whisk eggs until combined
2. Add ricotta cheese and milk, whisk to combine very well
3. In a large heavy bottomed cast iron skillet (or non-stick skillet) heat 2 tbsp of butter over medium low heat
4. Reduce heat to low and add eggs 
5. Let the eggs just begin to firm, about 1-2 minutes then run a heat resistant rubber spatula around the edges of the pan
6. Stir the eggs every few minutes about 5 minutes until they are cooked to your liking
7. Season with sea salt + freshly cracked black pepper and chives
8. Serve immediately with fresh bread, buttered toast or a simply dressed green salad

farm fresh eggs 

what you'll need

chives add a mild onion flavor

mix well 

brunch is ready 


Are you interested in a personalized cooking class? Or hosting a Nutritionist Approved luncheon or brunch for your nearest and dearest?  Contact me at  TheDomesticatedWolf@gmail.com.  I'd love to help!

What's your favorite way to make eggs at home? 

xx,
Mrs. Wolf 

6 comments:

  1. Please expect an email me from me. I'd love to work with you. Fondly, Kara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice idea. I want to host something soon - will you travel to Greenwich, CT? -Emily Monroe Kilpine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, Thanks for reaching out. I certainly travel! Let's me in touch about specifics. All the best...Megan.

      Delete
  3. My favorite way to make eggs is soft-boiled. It takes skill but they are so yummy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paige! Soft boiled are delicious! Thanks for reading...xx. MW.

      Delete